Sunday, March 13, 2011

Popular quotes by Benjamin Franklin

Today, while reading the National Geographic news about the debate about DST(Daylight Saving Time), I reckoned that this was a concept invented by Benjamin Franklin who noticed that the sun rose much earlier than he did and how much midnight lamp he could save if he rose earlier than the sun. That gave birth to the "early to bed and early to rise quote". He was one of the most remarkable thinkers of his time.

His quotes had been taught to children and accepted by people till date. The below are some of the quotes that I find worth sharing.

“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.”

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.”

“To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.”

“I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong”

“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else”

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

“Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.”

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

“If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”

“When in doubt, don't.”

No comments:

Post a Comment