Thursday, August 26, 2010

Setting up LDAP on Linux

I work as an application manager in the IT industry. As you work you come across something that challenges your skills and knowledge. I used to work in the stage and the production environment. But suddenly, one day, they had a requirement which actually needed me to set up a LDAP server for testing purposes on development environment. A new challenge to me. I though since we were using Windows, Active directory would be far better. However, this was a new challenge.

I kept on working on it for two days. Also took help from one of my colleagues who had a lot of experience in the development environment. But setting up LDAP on Linux is surely a pain in the neck. Most of the time you are confused in the sense, like whats next? why?

Need to keep your mind open. :)

But recently I have come across a wonderful article by Jack Wallen

Please have a look and let me know what you think about the below article.
Set up an LDAP server on Fedora

For more information on the same, also see
389 directory server

No comments:

Post a Comment